Top-ranked recipe named "Szechuan Shrimp"
1. Split shrimp in half lengthwise; rinse; dry on paper towel.
2. Combine egg white, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1-24 hours
3. Heat oil in wok or deep skillet; stir fry vegetables until crisp tender. Remove from wok and set aside
4. Add shrimp and stir fry 1-2 minutes or until it changes color. Pour shrimp and oil into a strainer placed over a bowl. (May be prepared an hour ahead of time to this point)
5. Reheat wok and add 2 tbsp of the drained oil. Add ginger; stir fry 5 seconds; add garlic and pepper; stir fry 5 seconds; Add vegetables and stir fry until reheated; Add shrimp; stir fry until heated through, about 1 minute.
6. Stir Sherry Sauce to combine,; pour into wok, stirring until sauce thickens and coats the shrimp with a clear glaze.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
tec29 6 years agoServe over rice. I sometimes double the sauce for guests that like extra over their rice. [I posted this recipe.]