1. While I boil the pork for 20-30 minutes to decrease fat, I mix all other ingredients together in a large enough bowl and stir to mix well.
2. Put pork in the crock pot, adding sauce as you go, until you get to about an inch from the top.
3. Use as much sauce as you can as it will be needed later to put over the rice.
4. With a big spoon, give a stir to blend all together.
5. Put on the lid, turn on high and let it cook for about 5 hours.
6. After that, you may want to keep it a little longer on low to keep it hot.
7. Serve this with some white rice, baked beans (or just pork& beans), cole slaw and some toasted garlic bread and you have yourself a meal.
8. Be sure to use lots of the sauce over the pork and rice.
This is one of the best slow cooker recipes out there. It is great.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (602g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 410 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.5g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.8g||79 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 276.3mg||85 %|
|Sodium 1444.5mg||50 %|
|Potassium 1739.8mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 36.3g|
|Protein 75g||107 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 878
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe