Ready in 1 hour
This is one of the most favorful slow cooker recipes that I've ever made. It is a standard here. The meat falls off the bones and it goes great with just about any side.
1. While I boil the pork for 20-30 minutes to decrease fat, I mix all other ingredients together in a large enough bowl and stir to mix well.
2. Put pork in the crock pot, adding sauce as you go, until you get to about an inch from the top.
3. Use as much sauce as you can as it will be needed later to put over the rice.
4. With a big spoon, give a stir to blend all together.
5. Put on the lid, turn on high and let it cook for about 5 hours.
6. After that, you may want to keep it a little longer on low to keep it hot.
7. Serve this with some white rice, baked beans (or just pork& beans), cole slaw and some toasted garlic bread and you have yourself a meal.
8. Be sure to use lots of the sauce over the pork and rice.
This is one of the best slow cooker recipes out there. It is great.
thomasmuise 1y ago
Miamariko 2y agoExcellent!
tmdyce 2y agoThis is a VERY tangy, spicy recipe. I like a little more sweetness. I would cut the mustard in half if not omit it altogether next time. It is very tasty but too much tang for my pallet. I added a lot more brown sugar, also added a coke to try and cut the tanginess, keeping my fingers crossed that it works!
herbgrower 3y agoI am making this again using all my frozen leftover pork sauces along with some BBQ sauce to make 1 cup. Still added all the other ingredients. It's a hot day so using the slow cooker is the way to go!
MauraSpeckt 3y agoThis is a grand recipe! Even though the long ingredient list was a bit of a pain at first it is all well worth it because the flavors were lovely! We were all delighted with this overall. I must assume that the strange mixing up of 0.5 cups vs. simply using 1/2 cups is a formatting error of the website and simply pasted it all to a text file in order to fix it before printing. I will still be making this again!
ChapinCatholic13 3y agoThe VERY FIRST barbecue recipe that every one in the family and friends enjoyed and I have tried many over the past 20 years. A+++
Sheilaa1 3y agoGreat recipe! Served with a salad and egg noodles and corn and garlic cheese biscuts very easy. I didn't change anything next time I think I will add more peppers and serve over rice, but yea great recipe lots of flavor thanks for sharing!
SonyaN 3y agoThis is a yummy recipe! Made it for Christmas Eve. Went to Christmas Eve service and it was ready when we got home. I didn't take the time to boil the pork ahead of time. Yes, I know this added some fat calories but didn't have the time. Maybe next time.
JCSM-Mom 3y agoThis was very good. Very tasty will definitely make again. Could easily cook on low all day. Throw together in the AM, hot tasty dinner when get home. I think it would be good on noodles or rice.
Lynn1775 3y agoDelicious! Used boneless ribs, totally fell apart so I just shredded meat into sauce & served over rice. Was looking for a crock pot ribs recipe that I could cook on low for 10 hours--found it!