Ready in 45 minutes
An alternative take on an everyday favorite
1. Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
2. Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a stockpot. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10 x 13 inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
4. Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
5. Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of pizza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and cilantro. Sprinkle pizzas with cheese.
6. Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 minutes or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
lakes003 3m agoReally good!! We used store bought Pillsbury pizza crust which was a little to thick, would prefer a lighter crust next time. We doubled the recipe for 2 pizzas, and used 2 large chicken breasts which was perfect! Definitely would make again.
IronChefChachi 5m ago
PatriciaWhited 1y agoMy husband and I made this dish last year after Thanksgiving and are using it again today! We love, love, love this recipe!
scturner97 1y agoThis was terrible. The lime was very overpowering. We trashed it and ordered other pizza.
joshua_manning 1y agoWe love the flavor. We used thin sliced chicken thighs for the meat, and cooked them directly in the sauce. Also cheated and used Boboli crusts. Cooked per recipe +2 minutes, and another 6 without the tepee, mostly to add coloration and texture to the crust and cheeses.
Keleynal 2y agoMy husband was amazed by the fantastic flavors in this recipe even though he typically despises the flavor of peanut butter. I will definitely be making this again as an easy 10 minute meal. We do not have a grill so I baked crust at 400 degrees for 4 minutes, removed from the oven, added my toppings and then broiled for 5 minutes. Nice crispy pizza.
jeri_farough 2y agoI loved it but would try without meat for my vegetarian son, Gregory.
aleejosue 2y ago
megsacook 2y agoI used Naan for the crust which was super quick and delicious...also left out the lemon zest and next time I will add a touch more peanut butter; but my husbnd and I gobblecd it up!
ezflushplumbing 2y agoExcellent pizza! Try adding a little coconut and Sirachi sauce!