1. Flake the rice so that the grains do not stick together. Set aside.
2. Combine the shrimps with the salt and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and pat dry.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or skillet until it is almost smoking and add the shrimp, if raw. Cook stirring quickly and turning them in the oil until they turn pink, about 3 seconds. Remove to a sieve.
4. Return the oil to the wok, and add garlic and ham. Cook just to heat through, stirring. Add the rice, stirring rapidly, and cook until thoroughly heated without browning.
5. Do the following quickly: make a well in the center of the rice and add the eggs, stirring constantly. When they have a soft-scrambled consistency, start incorporating the rice, stirring in a circular fashion.
6. Add the peas and the salt, stirring. Stir in the oyster sauce and the cooked shrimps, tossing the rice over and over to blend everything. Stir in the bean sprouts and cook stirring and tossing, about 30 seconds. Add the scallions and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (261g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 95 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 220.4mg||68 %|
|Sodium 476.4mg||16 %|
|Potassium 361.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 91.8g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 87.8g|
|Protein 30.6g||44 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 600
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe