Ready in 3 hours
Serve with our strawberry balsamic reduction.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter and flour two loaf pans (or coat pans with cooking spray with flour).
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking power, and salt. Whisk until well blended, then set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer (using the whisk attachment), beat the sugar, bleu olive's Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon zest, and vanilla on high speed until well blended.
4. Turn mixer to low and add eggs, one at a time. Continue to beat for another 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture is a thick pale yellow.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy milk and sour cream. Add half of this mixture to the cake batter and beat until well blended.
6. Add half the flour mixture to the cake batter, blend well, add the rest of the soy milk/sour cream mixture and mix well, then add the rest of the flour mixture.
7. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set the pans on a cooling rack and prepare glaze.
Place powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl, then add the zest and juice from one lemon. Whisk until well blended. If the glaze is too runny, add powdered sugar until you have a thicker consistency. Invert, gently remove cake from pans and place back on cooling rack.
There are no reviews yet for the bleu olive's lemon olive oil pound cake w/ lemon glaze. Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!