Top-ranked recipe named "Tipsy Beef Stew"
1. Melt butter in pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions. Cook until slightly translucent.
3. Transfer half of onions to soup pot.
4. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to pan and brown with remaining onions.
5. Add beef and onions to soup pot.
6. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock. Season with garlic, parsley, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in red wine.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Add carrots, celery and pearl onions. Uncover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Season with additional salt/pepper to taste.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
rpldmcelhany 6 years agoI enjoy this best when prepared a day ahead, allowing flavors to meld. Although, it is not a requirement. Also, for an added kick, add 2 chopped turnips. It adds texture similar to potatoes without the guilt. [I posted this recipe.]