This tasty, hearty stew gets its richness from red wine and its sweetness from fresh veggies.
1. Melt butter in pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions. Cook until slightly translucent.
3. Transfer half of onions to soup pot.
4. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to pan and brown with remaining onions.
5. Add beef and onions to soup pot.
6. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock. Season with garlic, parsley, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in red wine.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Add carrots, celery and pearl onions. Uncover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Season with additional salt/pepper to taste.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe