This tasty, hearty stew gets its richness from red wine and its sweetness from fresh veggies.
1. Melt butter in pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions. Cook until slightly translucent.
3. Transfer half of onions to soup pot.
4. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to pan and brown with remaining onions.
5. Add beef and onions to soup pot.
6. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock. Season with garlic, parsley, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in red wine.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Add carrots, celery and pearl onions. Uncover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Season with additional salt/pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (875g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 502 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 55.8g||74 %|
|Saturated Fat 28.4g||142 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 181mg||56 %|
|Sodium 1444.5mg||50 %|
|Potassium 1827.6mg||48 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.4g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 23.8g|
|Protein 42.1g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 832
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.