Top-ranked recipe named "Tiramisu"
A dreamy coffee and chocolate flavoured dessert.
"I should have read the reviews first and not dipped the ladyfingers. It came out really mushy. My family liked it and my mother-in-law even said it was better than she had ever had at a restaurant, but I didn't enjoy it because of the soggy factor. I will probably try it again and just brush the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers."
1. Make a pot of strong coffee, pour into a dish or bowl and allow to cool before adding the brandy.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream and then fold into the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
5. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cream mix.
6. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large dish
7. Dip the biscuits into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long, before placing in the dish (Alternately, place biscuits in the dish and sprinkle with coffee and brandy mixture).
8. Continue dipping biscuits and placing in the dish (or place in dish and sprinkle), creating a layer of soaked biscuits. Dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
9. Spread a thick layer of the cream mixture over the layer of biscuits, dust with another sprinkling of cocoa powder.
10. Place another layer of soaked biscuits in the dish, again sprinkling with cocoa powder.
11. Smooth the rest of the cream mixture in a thick layer over the second biscuit layer. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. Place in refrigerator and allow to set. Do not serve for at least 2 hours. For the best flavor, leave for 24 hours.
Don't over-soak the biscuits--or use the sprinkle method.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
2sly4u 8 months agoI made this for my husband's bd and out of all the desserts I made, he said this is the most amazing cake I ever made. Even better than restaurant ... WOW!! But one little issue ... You said to use 'large' dish ... I did put in a large dish and ran out of the cream mixture, had to make another batch. No way would this recipe be enough for 12 people. No matter I'll remember next time. Definitely has to be a next time
Ajibilian 2 years agoTo answer some questions: 1dl=100ml which is on a Pyrex measuring jug Use heavy cream and whip until stiff Raw eggs aren't usually a problem , you eat them all the time on Cesar salad dressing!
JoannaMarcia 2 years ago
cmv013 2 years ago
Tomguts 2 years agoI have tried this is so.easy and deliciuos
NabanitaC 3 years ago
bethanypoff 3 years ago
EpicEats 3 years agoDelish! I used kahluah flavored coffee and Tuaca liquor instead of rum. Will definitely make again!
xMONx 3 years agoDefinitely a keeper. Occasionally I add layers of sliced strawberries just to mix it up a bit YUM :)
giagraham 3 years agoI found this recipe on here years ago and it is now a firm family favourite. I can't cook and even I can't mess this up, in fact we have friends asking me to make it especially.