Top-ranked recipe named "Tiramisu"
A dreamy coffee and chocolate flavoured dessert.
"I should have read the reviews first and not dipped the ladyfingers. It came out really mushy. My family liked it and my mother-in-law even said it was better than she had ever had at a restaurant, but I didn't enjoy it because of the soggy factor. I will probably try it again and just brush the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers."- paigehuff
1. Make a pot of strong coffee, pour into a dish or bowl and allow to cool before adding the brandy.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream and then fold into the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
5. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cake mix.
6. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large dish
7. Dip the biscuits into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long, before placing in the dish.
8. Continue dipping biscuits and placing in the dish, creating a layer of soaked biscuits. Dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
9. Spread a thick layer of the cake mixture over the layer of biscuits, dust with another sprinkling of cocoa powder.
10. Place another layer of soaked biscuits in the dish, again sprinkling with cocoa powder.
11. Smooth the rest of the cake mixture in a thick layer over the second biscuit layer. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. Place in refridgerator and allow to set. Do not serve for at least 2 hours, for the best flavour, leave for 24 hours.
I'm not a cake person, but even I love this one!
Ajibilian 1 year agoTo answer some questions: 1dl=100ml which is on a Pyrex measuring jug Use heavy cream and whip until stiff Raw eggs aren't usually a problem , you eat them all the time on Cesar salad dressing!
JoannaMarcia 1 year ago
cmv013 1 year ago
Tomguts 1 year agoI have tried this is so.easy and deliciuos
NabanitaC 2 years ago
bethanypoff 2 years ago
EpicEats 2 years agoDelish! I used kahluah flavored coffee and Tuaca liquor instead of rum. Will definitely make again!
Nazlina 2 years agoWhat type of cream you use double or single cream
xMONx 2 years agoDefinitely a keeper. Occasionally I add layers of sliced strawberries just to mix it up a bit YUM :)
giagraham 2 years agoI found this recipe on here years ago and it is now a firm family favourite. I can't cook and even I can't mess this up, in fact we have friends asking me to make it especially.