1. Make a pot of strong coffee, pour into a dish or bowl and allow to cool before adding the brandy.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside whites. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, whip the cream and then fold into the egg, sugar and cheese mixture.
5. In a third bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and then quickly fold into the cream mix.
6. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large dish
7. Dip the biscuits into the coffee and brandy mixture, taking care not to soak them for too long, before placing in the dish (Alternately, place biscuits in the dish and sprinkle with coffee and brandy mixture).
8. Continue dipping biscuits and placing in the dish (or place in dish and sprinkle), creating a layer of soaked biscuits. Dust with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
9. Spread a thick layer of the cream mixture over the layer of biscuits, dust with another sprinkling of cocoa powder.
10. Place another layer of soaked biscuits in the dish, again sprinkling with cocoa powder.
11. Smooth the rest of the cream mixture in a thick layer over the second biscuit layer. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. Place in refrigerator and allow to set. Do not serve for at least 2 hours. For the best flavor, leave for 24 hours.
Don't over-soak the biscuits--or use the sprinkle method.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 149 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.5g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 118.7mg||37 %|
|Sodium 216.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 258.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 23.4g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 273
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.