WOW, they are hands down THE best baked beans I have ever had. Might be the whole pound of bacon...
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings, and drain it on paper towels.
4. Crumble and set aside, if you didn't already chop it.
5. Pour out and discard all but 4 tbsp. of the bacon dripping.
6. Add the onion to the pan and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
7. Stir in the beans, molasses, sugar, mustard and bacon. Mix well.
8. Pour the beans into a 3-quart casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (179g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 25.1mg||8 %|
|Sodium 663.5mg||23 %|
|Potassium 206.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 26.6g|
|Protein 9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 303
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.