Ready in 1h
WOW, they are hands down THE best baked beans I have ever had. Might be the whole pound of bacon...
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings, and drain it on paper towels.
4. Crumble and set aside, if you didn't already chop it.
5. Pour out and discard all but 4 tbsp. of the bacon dripping.
6. Add the onion to the pan and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
7. Stir in the beans, molasses, sugar, mustard and bacon. Mix well.
8. Pour the beans into a 3-quart casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.
timgraham1 1y agoAnother great baked bean recipe. But then again where can you go wrong with a pound of bacon added to anything? Nothing but rave reviews for this recipe.
dknightfl0311 2y agoI have never fried the bacon. That was a great addition to already delicious beans!
brownsuggar712 3y agoI made this recipe except I omitted the molasses and used all light brown sugar and I topped mine with French fried onions.
twisted1331 3y ago
Bnfowler19 3y agoMade today for a family gathering and no leftovers! I added 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce as recommended and also 1/4 cup ketchup. They were delicious!!! Best I've ever had! Will def make again!
Stvorr 3y agoHands down the best baked beans I've ever made!
Beezlewoof 3y agoThis is a great recipe! I added two teaspoons of worcestershire sauce. Yum!
tverrette 3y agoFantastic recipe. I substituted a red onion, it was actually a topic of conversation after the neighborhood BBQ.
jenniecapps 4y agoThis is a fantastic recipe!!!
Trissa 4y agoThese were very simple, flavorful, and tasty :-) Ours had to cook closer to an hour.