1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings, and drain it on paper towels.
4. Crumble and set aside, if you didn't already chop it.
5. Pour out and discard all but 4 tbsp. of the bacon dripping.
6. Add the onion to the pan and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
7. Stir in the beans, molasses, sugar, mustard and bacon. Mix well.
8. Pour the beans into a 3-quart casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (179g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 25.1mg||8 %|
|Sodium 663.5mg||23 %|
|Potassium 206.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 26.6g|
|Protein 9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
timgraham1Another great baked bean recipe. But then again where can you go wrong with a pound of bacon added to anything? Nothing but rave reviews for this recipe.1y ago
dknightfl0311I have never fried the bacon. That was a great addition to already delicious beans!2y ago
brownsuggar712I made this recipe except I omitted the molasses and used all light brown sugar and I topped mine with French fried onions.3y ago
Bnfowler19Made today for a family gathering and no leftovers! I added 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce as recommended and also 1/4 cup ketchup. They were delicious!!! Best I've ever had! Will def make again!3y ago
StvorrHands down the best baked beans I've ever made!3y ago
BeezlewoofThis is a great recipe! I added two teaspoons of worcestershire sauce. Yum!4y ago
tverretteFantastic recipe. I substituted a red onion, it was actually a topic of conversation after the neighborhood BBQ.4y ago
jenniecappsThis is a fantastic recipe!!!4y ago
TrissaThese were very simple, flavorful, and tasty :-) Ours had to cook closer to an hour.4y ago