Top-ranked recipe named "Turkey and Vegetable Couscous"
A Smorgasbord of Smells, Tastes, and Delights
"Great idea! I toned it down slightly but end result was amazing! I don't cook with turkey much, and this recipe opened my eyes. "- Mundos
1. In large self-closing plastic bag, combine oil, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Add turkey cubes. Close bag and knead to combine turkey and oil mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Lightly coat a 5-quart saucepan with vegetable spray. Over medium-high heat, brown turkey in batches, removing each batch when browned.
3. Re-spray pan. Add onion and garlic; saute about 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add squash and carrots and cook about 1 minute.
4. Add lemon, capers and olives, stirring to combine. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Add zucchini, green pepper, tomatoes and chick peas to turkey/vegetable mixture. Return to boil; reduce heat and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Prepare couscous according to package directions and add tumeric.
7. Stir raisins into cooked couscous. Arrange on large platter and top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Mundos 1 year agoGreat idea! I toned it down slightly but end result was amazing! I don't cook with turkey much, and this recipe opened my eyes.
katalholt 3 years agoI made this with quinoa instead of couscous, and it came out great!!!
tyson 8 years agoRepublished with permission, National Turkey Federation [I posted this recipe.]