Top-ranked recipe named "Turkey Vegetable Soup"
1. In a 5-quart saucepan combine first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam. Reduce heat, cover and simmer mixture for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until turkey is tender.
2. Remove turkey from cooking liquid and allow to cool. Remove poultry from bones, discard skin and bones. Cube poultry, cover and chill.
3. Strain broth. Discard seasoning, vegetables and spices. Skim off any remaining fat. Return broth to saucepan.
4. Add remaining vegetables, barley and seasonings. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Cover and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
5. Add reserved turkey and gently cook 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
tyson 9 years agoRepublished with permission, National Turkey Federation [I posted this recipe.]