Top-ranked recipe named "Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes"
The best, richest scalloped potatoes you've ever tasted.
"I really loved this and so did my husband! I didn't have whipping cream so I mixed sour cream and milk and used that as a base between potato layers. Also I used a bit of Parmesan cheese, but mostly used shredded Colby Jack. I think whatever type of cheese tip use will be good as long as it's a kind you like. It's very interchangeable. I also didn't peel the potatoes I left the skin on and my husband didn't even notice. It's a nice way to save sometime. I baked for an hour and they were perfect. You do need to season quite a bit."- tynisha3354
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish
3. Lightly crush garlic with side of knife. Heat cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edge. Remove from heat and let stand 10 min.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom the prepared dish. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
5. Bake 60-70 minutes until top is a deep brown and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
angelat328 3 weeks agoOutstanding! Best ever scalloped potatoes!!!
RISAWINTUC 4 weeks agoThis is a thanksgiving favorite in my house. Very very good recipe!
Duster77 8 months agoMade these for Easter dinner, and we loved them. I found a mix of Gruyere & Swiss cheese, grated, at Whole Foods, was a bit pricey but worked great. I also used sour cream &milk instead of whipping cream. I never had Scalloped Potatoes so creamy & Tasty. Will defiantly make them again. Thanks for posting!
Peggy-rn 10 months agoDelicious! Will make this again!
shereemarie 11 month agoThese are wonderful. Wasn't a bit left in the dish at Thanksgiving. Also goes great with the Beef Wellington.
kellieprincekealiher 11 month ago
Charlitta 11 month ago
1211967 1 year agoI just thought that these were awesome! Easy to make but taste like it took hours!! Entire family loved them!
benwillz 1 year agoReally excellent recipe. Used extra thick double cream and mozzarella. So creamy and everyone loved it. Thank you.
cccalberta 1 year agohi all, can anyone tell me do i bring the sauce to a boil (bubbles around edge doesn't seem to be happening and sauce then runny and boils in container). any help would be great..