Ready in 45 minutes
The best, richest scalloped potatoes you've ever tasted.
"I really loved this and so did my husband! I didn't have whipping cream so I mixed sour cream and milk and used that as a base between potato layers. Also I used a bit of Parmesan cheese, but mostly used shredded Colby Jack. I think whatever type of cheese tip use will be good as long as it's a kind you like. It's very interchangeable. I also didn't peel the potatoes I left the skin on and my husband didn't even notice. It's a nice way to save sometime. I baked for an hour and they were perfect. You do need to season quite a bit."
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish
3. Lightly crush garlic with side of knife. Heat cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edge. Remove from heat and let stand 10 min.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom the prepared dish. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
5. Bake 60-70 minutes until top is a deep brown and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
aprilcummingsb1g4i8 1m agoBest scalloped potatoes ever! I made these for Christmas dinner to go with Hickory Spiral ham. this will be what I make every year for Christmas. I used whipping cream, but I didn't have whole milk in the house ,so I substituted 18% cream. Other than that I followed the recipe to a T. The scalloped potatoes were cheesy, creamy deliciousness.
victoria_rosby 1m agoGreat recipe. And Easy! I ended up sub half/half for the cream and it was a lil curdly, but still delish. Next time I'll use the heavy cream to avoid this, not a calorie watching worthy dish lol. I'd def make this again!
carole_wheatley 3m agoSo easy and incredibly delicious
outdoorlover 9m agoEasy & delicious. My husband & I ate most of this even though it serves 6; we couldn't get enough! Definitely going on my favorites list!
talbotcolleen 10m agoMade it to accompany Easter ham. It turned out beautifully with a creamy garlicky cheesy sauce and toasted top. Next time, I will add onions in each layer as I normally do with scalloped potatoes but forgot to this time. This will become my new favourite scalloped potato dish from now on.
actucci 1y agoOff the chart. Smoky rich flavor. This is my go to for impressing company.
angelat328 1y agoOutstanding! Best ever scalloped potatoes!!!
RISAWINTUC 1y agoThis is a thanksgiving favorite in my house. Very very good recipe!
Duster77 1y agoMade these for Easter dinner, and we loved them. I found a mix of Gruyere & Swiss cheese, grated, at Whole Foods, was a bit pricey but worked great. I also used sour cream &milk instead of whipping cream. I never had Scalloped Potatoes so creamy & Tasty. Will defiantly make them again. Thanks for posting!
Peggy-rn 2y agoDelicious! Will make this again!