Ready in 45 minutes
The best, richest scalloped potatoes you've ever tasted.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish
3. Lightly crush garlic with side of knife. Heat cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edge. Remove from heat and let stand 10 min.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom the prepared dish. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
5. Bake 60-70 minutes until top is a deep brown and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
spisc1955 2m agoGreat recipe. One thing i did different was to cook them in the cream on top of stove for 8 minutes ( till fork tender). Then assemble with the cheese in baking dish and bake for 25 min till golden brown. It cuts the time in half and they are cooked perfectly.
darren-janicerowe 2m agoThe reviews were so great I had to try it – and it didn't disappoint! Best scalloped potatoes I've ever made! Didn't have whipping cream, used 18% cream and 2% milk. Used mozzarella. It was fantastic! I had to Google if you're supposed to cover it ;-)
aprilcummingsb1g4i8 5m agoBest scalloped potatoes ever! I made these for Christmas dinner to go with Hickory Spiral ham. this will be what I make every year for Christmas. I used whipping cream, but I didn't have whole milk in the house ,so I substituted 18% cream. Other than that I followed the recipe to a T. The scalloped potatoes were cheesy, creamy deliciousness.
victoria_rosby 5m agoGreat recipe. And Easy! I ended up sub half/half for the cream and it was a lil curdly, but still delish. Next time I'll use the heavy cream to avoid this, not a calorie watching worthy dish lol. I'd def make this again!
carole_wheatley 6m agoSo easy and incredibly delicious
outdoorlover 1y agoEasy & delicious. My husband & I ate most of this even though it serves 6; we couldn't get enough! Definitely going on my favorites list!
talbotcolleen 1y agoMade it to accompany Easter ham. It turned out beautifully with a creamy garlicky cheesy sauce and toasted top. Next time, I will add onions in each layer as I normally do with scalloped potatoes but forgot to this time. This will become my new favourite scalloped potato dish from now on.
actucci 1y agoOff the chart. Smoky rich flavor. This is my go to for impressing company.
angelat328 1y agoOutstanding! Best ever scalloped potatoes!!!
RISAWINTUC 1y agoThis is a thanksgiving favorite in my house. Very very good recipe!