1. Heat oven to 375?. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine sugar and crisco in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
3. Add flour gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into 4 quarters. TIP: If dough is too sticky or too soft to roll, wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Spread 1 Tbsp of flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place 1/4 of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet with large pancake turner. Place 2" apart. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or colored sugar crystals, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375? for 5-9 minutes, depending on the size of yoru cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely, then frost if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (746g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3|
|Calories from Fat: 786 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 87.3g||116 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.1g||165 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.7g|
|Cholesterol 743.3mg||229 %|
|Sodium 3413.1mg||118 %|
|Potassium 544.6mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 442.8g||130 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 436g|
|Protein 45.7g||65 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2738
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe