Ready in 45 minutes
Decorations: granulated sugar, colored sugar crystals, frosting, candies, choc chips, nuts, raisings, coconut, decorating gel.
"Soft and chewy if you don't overbake! Even better with frosting, sprinkles, or however you want to decorate them! The perfect cookie to make with all of your favorite holiday shapes. Take a picture ~ they won't last long!"
1. Heat oven to 375?. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine sugar and crisco in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
3. Add flour gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into 4 quarters. TIP: If dough is too sticky or too soft to roll, wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Spread 1 Tbsp of flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place 1/4 of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet with large pancake turner. Place 2" apart. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or colored sugar crystals, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375? for 5-9 minutes, depending on the size of yoru cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely, then frost if desired.
inlovewithfood2012 3y agomade with frosting, took about 6 min in the oven
dominicware 3y ago
conoli107 3y ago
katielove7 4y agoBest and easiest recipe! They practically melt in your mouth. Delicious.
Sethlevanen 6y agoI thought they were going to be really good with a 5 star rating, but they were more like a hybrid shortbread cookie. The search continues.
tishalynnh 7y agoI enjoyed making these sugar cookies with my daughter and would make them again for sure.
KatieWI 8y agoSoft and chewy if you don't overbake! Even better with frosting, sprinkles, or however you want to decorate them! The perfect cookie to make with all of your favorite holiday shapes. Take a picture ~ they won't last long!
tdscollon 8y ago[I posted this recipe.]