1. Set oven to 375 degrees (will reduce oven temperature just before baking cupcakes).
2. Line 24 muffin pans with paper cupcake liners.
3. In an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs (one at a time) and the extracts and beat about 3-4 minutes on high speed (the mixture will seem to be a bit lumpy but will even out when you add in the sugar)
5. Add in the sugar; beat well (another 3 minutes) until sugar is COMPLETELY combined.
6. In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
7. Blend into the creamed ingredients, along with the warm milk until smooth (about 3 minutes).
8. Fill the prepared pans about two-thirds full
.9. IMMEDIATELY, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
10. Place the cupcakes in oven, and bake for about 20-24 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (148g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 158 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.6g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.8g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 372.7mg||115 %|
|Sodium 208.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 155.3mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 39.6g|
|Protein 13g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 369
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
tunmilungThese were delicious! Batter made more than I expected and I overflowed the cups but the taste was amazing. If you are making this really pay attention to the amount you put in each cup.1y ago
KizzyqI love to bake and cook. This recipe gets a 5 ?? hydro was out 8 hours before I could cook batter. Still turned out PERFECT! Thank you1y ago
DDbaker13Loved the flavor and texture! So tender and moist, just delicious!2y ago
DebburtCannot keep these amazing cupcakes in the house. I never get to frost them. With 2 teenage boys, they're out the door before I turn around. Thank you "Cupcake Chef!"4y ago
Crissa26The BEST vanilla cake recipe I have tried so far. A little time consuming but worth it! This one is going in my favorites recipes.4y ago
NlacountDelicious cupcakes and beautiful batter but don't be fooled by vanilla cupcake title. More of an angel food cake.4y ago
KristyLloydMy go to recipe for vanilla cupcakes! So yummy!! EVERYBODY LOVES THEM!!4y ago
angroseThese came out great and had a nice taste and texture. My go to for vanilla cake now!4y ago