Ready in 45 minutes
Vegan recipe for enchiladas.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a 2 quart pot, bring 1.5 quarts of water to a boil and put the quinoa in. Cook until the quinoa is soft and translucent.
3. In a small pot, heat up the enchilada sauce. Mix the Daiya cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, red pepper and garlic, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted.
6. Add quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, spices, green chiles, oregano and picante sauce and cook, stirring often, until mixture is hot.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Divide filling among the tortillas, wrapping them into little burritos.
9. Pour 1/3 of the enchilada/cheese sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
10. Place burritos into the baking dish, side by side, seam side down. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
11. Sprinkle with some vegan cheese (if desired) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Recipe added via RecipeScan image:
produce365 6d 22h agoI followed the recipe the first time, it's was okay. The second time I used half the quinoa, omitted the green chilies, and poured some of the cheesy enchilada sauce into the mixture in place of half of the salsa (didn't have picante). Delicious! My family couldn't even complain that it was vegan because it was just that yummy!
JStoley 3m agoLove it! I have made it a few times with real cheese, and it is excellent every time. The whole family likes it!
Henry2739 2y agoAwesome Sauce! Used hot rotel for the tomatoes and jalapenos to add some spice
Aimeelady 2y ago
Bobette37 2y agoHad so much filling I ended up with one to freeze! Added extra garlic, and cheated with regular cheddar, the whole family loved it.
twojocks 3y agoAwesome!. Even my meat loving husband liked them a lot! :-)
ajwaka 3y agoThis was quite tasty but seemed to be missing something in my opinion. If I were to make it again - I'd simply serve it with lettuce and avocado/guacamole. Also my wife commented that she'd like to use the smaller 6-inch tortillas so you get more tortilla in each bite. We really liked this - these small additions will make this a regular in our household
Steph323 3y agoGreat recipe! Always looking for new yummy Vegan meals
jenpalombi 4y agoAmazing enchiladas! I've recently adopted a whole food, plant-based approach to eating which my family sometimes laments at dinner time... but everyone loved these enchiladas! I'll be making these regularly, especially since the recipe makes too much filling, which serves nicely as a tex-mex quinoa salad for my lunch the next day. :) Thanks for sharing.
LoraP 4y agoWe have adopted Meatless Mondays in our house and I am always on the hunt for recipes that will delight our usual meat-eaters. This is one of those recipes. While I made quite a few substitutions - I used whole wheat tortillas, packaged enchilada sauce and a pre-packaged grain mix (TastyBite Zany Multigrain) - the meal was in the spirit of the original recipe. The result was a super hearty, satisfying tray of good-for-you-but-you-can't-tell goodness.