1. In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat. Remove meat from pan.
2. Add carrots, celery, green pepper and onion and saute until soft. Add garlic saute one minute more.
3. Add beef stock to pan and scrape up browned bits off bottom.
4. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35-45 mins.
5. Garnish each bowl with parmesan cheese.
You can substitute noodles for the barley or rice. You can substitute ground venison or beef or beef steak/stew meat for the venison steak.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1466g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 53 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.9g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 17mg||5 %|
|Sodium 574.3mg||20 %|
|Potassium 2338.3mg||62 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 120.2g||35 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.2g||89 %|
|Sugars, other 98.1g|
|Protein 37g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 651
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe