Ready in 45 minutes
This soup has it all. Add or subtract to suit your taste or what you have on hand. An all time favorite!
1. In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat. Remove meat from pan.
2. Add carrots, celery, green pepper and onion and saute until soft. Add garlic saute one minute more.
3. Add beef stock to pan and scrape up browned bits off bottom.
4. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35-45 mins.
5. Garnish each bowl with parmesan cheese.
You can substitute noodles for the barley or rice. You can substitute ground venison or beef or beef steak/stew meat for the venison steak.