1. In a small mixing bow, stir together softened cream cheese, strawberry preserves and orange zest until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, orange juice concentrate and vanilla extract. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside
3. With a paring knife, slice a pocket into the side of each bread slice (DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BREAD). Fill bread slices with a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
4. In a skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Dip filled bread in egg mixture and turn to coat. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes per side in hot butter.
5. Serve hot with strawberry syrup, sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (211g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 230.9mg||71 %|
|Sodium 113.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 224.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.1g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 48g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 389
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
A variation on this recipe
"The combination of bacon and French toast is a no-brainer. Same with sugar and bacon. That salty-sweet combination is always a winner. Add in a little cream cheese and expand the taste sensation to a whole new level. Creamy, sweet, crispy and just a little touch salty. Everything blends together beautifully for a mouth-tingling experience!" —
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe