1. In a small mixing bow, stir together softened cream cheese, strawberry preserves and orange zest until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, orange juice concentrate and vanilla extract. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside
3. With a paring knife, slice a pocket into the side of each bread slice (DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BREAD). Fill bread slices with a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
4. In a skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Dip filled bread in egg mixture and turn to coat. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes per side in hot butter.
5. Serve hot with strawberry syrup, sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (211g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 230.9mg||71 %|
|Sodium 113.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 224.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.1g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 48g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 389
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.