1. Using a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler, cut peel from the orange in wide strips, avoiding the white pith.
2. In a large pot, combine orange peel, red wine, sugar, cloves, juniper berries, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and star anise.
3. Bring to a bare simmer. over medium heat. Do not allow full simmer or boiling.
4. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour though a fine mesh sieve and serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (215g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 291.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.6g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!