1. Using a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler, cut peel from the orange in wide strips, avoiding the white pith.
2. In a large pot, combine orange peel, red wine, sugar, cloves, juniper berries, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and star anise.
3. Bring to a bare simmer. over medium heat. Do not allow full simmer or boiling.
4. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour though a fine mesh sieve and serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (215g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 291.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.6g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!