* Preheat waffle iron.
* Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
* Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
* Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to the beaten eggs, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
* Add melted butter, blend thoroughly.
* For each waffle, pour into center of lower half of waffle iron until it spreads to 1 inch from edge (about 1.2 cup).
* Lower cover on batter; cook until iron stops steaming.
* Do not raise the cover during baking.
* Carefully loosen edges of waffle with a fork and remove the cooked waffle.
** Serve Hot.
*** These can be frozen and reheated in a toaster.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (339g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 437 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.5g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.2g||126 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 789.7mg||243 %|
|Sodium 808.9mg||28 %|
|Potassium 421.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 42.6g|
|Protein 29.3g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 727
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe