* Preheat waffle iron.
* Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
* Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
* Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to the beaten eggs, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
* Add melted butter, blend thoroughly.
* For each waffle, pour into center of lower half of waffle iron until it spreads to 1 inch from edge (about 1.2 cup).
* Lower cover on batter; cook until iron stops steaming.
* Do not raise the cover during baking.
* Carefully loosen edges of waffle with a fork and remove the cooked waffle.
** Serve Hot.
*** These can be frozen and reheated in a toaster.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (339g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 437 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.5g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.2g||126 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 789.7mg||243 %|
|Sodium 808.9mg||28 %|
|Potassium 421.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 42.6g|
|Protein 29.3g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe