Ready in 1 hour
"Turned out excellent!! Just did a few minor changes. Use 1 cup of applesauce and sugar. Added 2 tsp of homemade buttermilk using fat free milk and 1 tsp lemon juice. Will definitely make again. "
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients, whisking to combine. Add the chocolate chips and nuts if using.
4. Beat the eggs with the sugar together at medium-high speed until creamy.
5. Beat in the applesauce and bananas.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and place it in the oven. Once the oven door is closed, reduce the heat so it’s between 325-350 degrees F.
8. Bake for about 35-40 minutes (the cake is done as soon as a tester comes out clean).
9. Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
10. Invert on the rack, remove the pan, cool and store in an airtight container.
Jabena 2y agoBest banana bread recipe I've ever used. I made muffins, and added chocolate chips and walnuts. I also added a little brown sugar on top for added crunch. Moist and delicious!
Tiarina 2y ago
joelandamandalarson 2y ago
Lbaer722 2y agoVery good! Made into muffins and topped with low fat granola for some crunch. Made about 23 regular sized muffins at about 98 calories a piece!
Brookethermt 2y ago
raaraa 2y agoI liked that this recipe didn't include butter! Love it healthy and simple:)
Headoverheals21 2y agoThis is one of my new favorite recipes. I love how simple and quick it was to make this bread. I added in a cup of chopped pecans. I'm giving this to my family to enjoy this Christmas.
Todd_Adams 3y agoTasted as moist as any banana nut bread I'd ever had before.
nancymaster 3y agoVery delicious! The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4. It is moist and much more flavorful than other banana breads I've made.
janicepittman 3y agoLoved this recipe as is!