1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Butter a large baking dish.
3. MAKE THE BREADCRUMBS FIRST: In a food processor, chop the bread into crumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. FOR THE PUDDING: Whisk the eggs with the milk, evaporated milk, spices and the sugar. Heat genly over a low heat, whisking constantly until thickened slightly, but do not allow to boil or the mixture will curdle. Add the cream and continue whisking until thick enough to leave a trail when a wooden spoon is drawn through the mixture.
5. Add the white and dark rum and cook for another minute before removing from the heat.
6. Cut the bread slices into halves or quarters, removing the crusts if you prefer, then butter the bread generously.
7. Place a layer of the buttered bread in the prepared dish and cover with some of the raisins, a little of the custard and a sprinkling of the coconut breadcrumbs.
8. Cover with a little of the custard, a layer of raisins and another layer of buttered bread. Press the bread down a little. On the final layer add raisins and cover with custard to ensure the bread is well soaked.
9. Create a generous topping with the remaining breadcrumbs and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and drizzle the condensed milk. Bake for a further 10 minutes until risen and cooked through
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (6462g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 1569 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 174.4g||232 %|
|Saturated Fat 109.8g||549 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 720.3mg||222 %|
|Sodium 4138.3mg||143 %|
|Potassium 12065.7mg||318 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 491g||144 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 486.5g|
|Protein 256.8g||367 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4583
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe