Top-ranked recipe named "World's Best Chocolate Rum Cake"
World's Best Chocolate Rum Cake
"My man and I about devoured this entire cake in one weekend, it was superb! He modified the batter recipe to delete the water and increase the rum to one full cup...wowsa! We served it topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Be careful, this stuff's addictive! <3 "- cpbluerider
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Grease one 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
3. Place .5 cup chopped nuts in the bottom of the Bundt pan.
4. With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, .5 cup oil, .5 cup water, and .5 cup golden rum on high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan over the top of the chopped nuts.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes.
7. Slowly pour Rum Glaze over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven (see Rum Glaze Directions below).
8. Let cake stand for 30 minutes and then turn out onto a serving dish.
9. Pig out!!!
Rum Glaze Directions:
In a saucepan combine .5 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, .25 cup of rum, and .25 cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour immediately over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven, slowly so the rum glaze doesn't run over the edges of the cake pan.
Original recipe was submitted by Suzanne Stull on Allrecipes.com and modified by Brent N. Hunter... and is now the world's best chocolate rum cake!
Sboston 3 days 4 hours agoAfter vacationing in Bermuda and having rum cake there, this is by far the best chocolate rum cake. I used spiced rum and added more into the glaze after it was finished. All approvals for the Christmas party.
mimiderk 1 year ago
Britsnavy 1 year ago
Leekie_fam 1 year agoThis cake was amazing! Thank you for sharing!
meaboggs914 1 year agoI baked this for my dad's birthday..they liked it!!
williamsp525 1 year agoIf you add the rum after the glaze is cooked, it's better. Let the cake ferment for 2 days before eating!
Mrsfowl 1 year agoYum! It surpassed expectations!
BluFridae 2 years agoUsed sugar free cake mix. Added extra rum. Very yummy
gsellg205 2 years agoIt was my first time making it and it was a big hit with my friends! I would put some nuts in the batter next time.
esteeweaverhogan 2 years agoThis was very easy to make and tasted great