Ready in 45 minutes
World's Best Chocolate Rum Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Grease one 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
3. Place .5 cup chopped nuts in the bottom of the Bundt pan.
4. With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, .5 cup oil, .5 cup water, and .5 cup golden rum on high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan over the top of the chopped nuts.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes.
7. Slowly pour Rum Glaze over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven (see Rum Glaze Directions below).
8. Let cake stand for 30 minutes and then turn out onto a serving dish.
9. Pig out!!!
Rum Glaze Directions:
In a saucepan combine .5 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, .25 cup of rum, and .25 cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Pour immediately over the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven, slowly so the rum glaze doesn't run over the edges of the cake pan.
Original recipe was submitted by Suzanne Stull on Allrecipes.com and modified by Brent N. Hunter... and is now the world's best chocolate rum cake!
beemo63 1y agoI added a half cup of rum to the sauce, plus add a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Make sure you toss them in flour first so they don't sink to the bottom of the cake. Also to really make the chocolate pop add a 1/4th tsp. of instant coffee to the batter too. Delishioso!!
Sboston 1y agoAfter vacationing in Bermuda and having rum cake there, this is by far the best chocolate rum cake. I used spiced rum and added more into the glaze after it was finished. All approvals for the Christmas party.
mimiderk 2y ago
Britsnavy 2y ago
Leekie_fam 2y agoThis cake was amazing! Thank you for sharing!
meaboggs914 2y agoI baked this for my dad's birthday..they liked it!!
williamsp525 2y agoIf you add the rum after the glaze is cooked, it's better. Let the cake ferment for 2 days before eating!
Mrsfowl 3y agoYum! It surpassed expectations!
BluFridae 3y agoUsed sugar free cake mix. Added extra rum. Very yummy
gsellg205 3y agoIt was my first time making it and it was a big hit with my friends! I would put some nuts in the batter next time.