1. Prepare cake according to instructions on the box. Be sure to get the kind with pudding in the mix already since it will be more moist. However, instead of using water or milk, substitute coconut milk instead.
2. Grease a 9" X 13" cake pan, pour the batter into the pan and bake according to directions on the box.
3. Once the cake is cooked, take out of the oven and let it cool off for 15 minutes.
4. Take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake (3 rows of 4 holes is adequate for a 9" X 13" cake pan).
5. Mix 1 shot of Creme de Cacao with the can of cream of coconut. You might first need to put the can of cream of coconut in warm water to reliquify, as cream of coconut can congeal at cooler temperatures. Make sure it's well mixed.
6. Pour the cream of coconut/Creme de Cacao mixture on the cake, including into the holes.
7. Put the cake, still in the pan, uncovered, in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
8. Once the cake has cooled, take out of the refrigerator and cover with vanilla or coconut frosting.
9. Cover with shredded coconut to suit taste.
10. Optionally, drizzle another shot of Creme de Cacao on top of the coconut.
11. Pig out!
Original recipe from Elise Mercado, with a few revisions by Brent N. Hunter, make this the best coconut cake in the world!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (221g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 282 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.4g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.9g||119 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 541.9mg||19 %|
|Potassium 316.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 96.2g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 92.1g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 673
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe