For a very simple, easy and satisfying dish of sausage and rice, follow these directions:
1. Put frying pan on stove and pre-heat to medium.
2. Place 6 sausage links in frying pan along with 1/2 cup water. Cover with lid.
3. Cook for 5 minutes and turn sausages.
4. Cook for another 5 minutes, covered.
5. Remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Turn sausage links over again and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Cut the sausages into 8 pieces each.
8. Stir in the cooked rice and use a spatula to stir carefully. Be sure to mix the scrapelings in with the rice. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Try using a combination of black, white, green and red peppercorns instead of regular black pepper for an extra kick.
9. Pig out!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (238g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 306 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 90.7mg||28 %|
|Sodium 802.5mg||28 %|
|Potassium 397.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.6g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 85.5g|
|Protein 26.3g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 784
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe