For a very simple, easy and satisfying dish of sausage and rice, follow these directions:
1. Put frying pan on stove and pre-heat to medium.
2. Place 6 sausage links in frying pan along with 1/2 cup water. Cover with lid.
3. Cook for 5 minutes and turn sausages.
4. Cook for another 5 minutes, covered.
5. Remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Turn sausage links over again and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Cut the sausages into 8 pieces each.
8. Stir in the cooked rice and use a spatula to stir carefully. Be sure to mix the scrapelings in with the rice. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Try using a combination of black, white, green and red peppercorns instead of regular black pepper for an extra kick.
9. Pig out!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (238g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 306 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 90.7mg||28 %|
|Sodium 802.5mg||28 %|
|Potassium 397.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.6g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 85.5g|
|Protein 26.3g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 784
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.