Ready in 45 minutes
World's Best Pot Roast!
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and brown meat on both sides.
2. Stir in the broth, spices and onion soup mix. Mix well.
3. Heat to boiling. Take meat out and place inside the slow cooker/Crockpot.
4. Cover the meat with small potatoes, boiler onions and thickly sliced carrots.
5. Pour the broth, spices and onion soup mix on top of the meat and vegetables in the slow cooker/Crockpot.
6. Cover with water if necessary.
7. Cook for 10-12 hours in the slow cooker/Crockpot, on LOW setting. Cooking on HIGH setting, while not recommended, will prepare this food faster but the meat won't be as tender and the overall taste won't be as good. It's better to set aside the extra time to cook it on low, you won't be disappointed!
8. Remove meat and slice, place on a platter with vegetables around the meat. Strain the liquid and serve with the meat.
9. Pig out!
The original recipe is from the back of a Christopher Ranch package of boiler onions. This recipe has been revised by Brent N. Hunter.
AESG 2y agoI cooked it on the stove for 21/2 hours and used a whole package of onion soup mix.
shannonayotte 2y agoHow much onion soup mix should you use? It's not listed in the ingredients but it is listed in the directions....
Kai21 3y agoNot bad, the meat came out a bit dry but edible
nicolegory 3y agoEasy and delicious. Added a can of cream of mushroom for a thicker sauce.
Jkillum 4y agoIs "onion soup" in this recipe??? Or is the onion soup mix a mixture of the water and the vegetables. It is not listed as an ingredient.
Jilliesmother 4y agoMade as directed, except used beef broth instead of water to cover. Frustrating that it doesn't have onion soup mix as an ingredient, until you read the directions.
danieltoomey 4y agoI used the spices and cooked it in the crockpot for 8.5 hours. I added a cup and half of beef broth and it was delicious. Great recipe. Thanks for the idea.
Cowtown_Slim 4y agoI made this recipe tonight and I was impressed at how flavorful and tender this roast turns out to be. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves roast beef. I did not use a crock pot / slow cooker. I cooked the roast in my oven at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours. I cooked the roast in my cast iron Dutch oven. Try it... You'll like it!
kevinbergin 5y agoSo tender it just fell apart with a fork- wonderful recipe!
dennisj42003 7y agoIs it ok if I edit this recipe?