1. Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until completely combined.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl (except pumpkin seeds) and combine with butter mixture.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least a half hour.*
4. When you are ready to make the cookies, preheat oven to 300. Grease a cookie sheet.
5. Form dough into thin rolls. They don't have to be even - crooked fingers are creepy. Mine are about 1/3 inch wide and 3 inches long, but you could make them thicker and/or longer. Don't flatten them too much, though.
6. Press a pumpkin seed into one end of the cookie. I like to press mine horizontally towards the other end a bit so it sticks well and sinks into the nail bed like a real nail. If you wish, you can either press a fork across the finger to create knuckles, or press the tines of the fork into the finger to create little holes.
7. If yours are as thin as mine (1/3 inch), bake for about 10 minutes or until just slightly browned. If yours are a lot thicker, bake up to 20 minutes.
* If you want to make these in advance, leave in the fridge, covered, for up to a few of days. The dough will dry out a bit but is fine after a bit of handling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 2002 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 222.5g||297 %|
|Saturated Fat 124.4g||622 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 59.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 22.8g|
|Cholesterol 674.6mg||208 %|
|Sodium 1756.6mg||61 %|
|Potassium 1175.6mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 932.7g||274 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.3g||61 %|
|Sugars, other 917.4g|
|Protein 66.6g||95 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5906
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe