Recipes » recipes tagged vegan
Refine my search
Unlike Vegetarians, who find it acceptable to use animal byproducts such as eggs or milk in cooking, vegans eliminate all animal-related items from their diet.
Motivations for going vegan include:
- It can be far healthier
- Allergies or diet restrictions may prevent consumption of meat or animal byproducts
- No harm comes to any animal
- It's better for the planet -- raising farm animals uses a great deal of our planet; vegan diets consume less of it
- Eat a dark green vegetable (broccoli, asparagus, kale, etc.) at least 3 times per week.
- Make it a goal to experience at least one new fruit or vegetable every week
- Eat the rainbow -- eating lots of different colors on your plate can help boost your chances of getting a good variety of nutrients. Plus, it's more enjoyable!
- For proteins, consider soybeans, beans and rice, and tofu
We have a variety of vegan recipes on BigOven:
- Recipes with Vegan in the title
- Recipes that have been tagged vegan by others
- Recipes with the word "vegan" anywhere