The Leading Cooking App, Powered by You.
BigOven is hiring! We currently have open positions in our Seattle office for:
- Software Development Engineer - C# (Windows 8, ASP.NET MVC)
- Software Development Engineer - Mobile (iOS or Android)
- Summer Intern - Marketing Assistant
- QA and Customer Support Engineer
- Advertising Sales Manager
- Designer - User Experience and Web Graphic Design
- Office administrative assistant: Community management and support (initially part-time)
Are you passionate about creating remarkably useful user experiences that millions of people enjoy? Are you excited by the potential of tablets, smartphones and the cloud? Would you like to work for company modeled along the lines of 37Signals or Fog Creek -- small, private, fun and bootstrapped -- filled only with the best and brightest?
Then BigOven may be your place. Started in 2004 by Steve Murch, a highly successful serial entrepreneur, BigOven has grown to 1.8 million registered users and now welcomes thousands of new signups every day. BigOven apps get 4.5/5 star ratings on every mobile platform and have been downloaded over 8 million times to date. We've got a lot of great opportunity as more cooks use smartphones in their lives to discover what to make, improve their nutrition, and shop more easily.
Our Fremont-area Seattle office is brand new. We've run our company entirely remotely to date; our small handful of rockstar team members has collaborated from around the country, much like an open-source team coordinates their work.
Now that we've hit some key growth milestones, we've opened our Seattle office and are hiring our very first full-time software development engineers.
BigOven's platform relies upon the following technologies, and you'll need -deep- experience in one or more:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and jQuery for our website, API and Windows clients
- iOS/XCode/Objective C for our native iPhone/iPad apps
- Java and the ADK for our native Android clients
- HTML and CSS
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with rock star credentials, projects and references
- Exceptionally strong programming and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, fun worker who enjoys working in small but highly creative teams
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations -- including when to apply them and when not to
- Curiosity and passion for excellence
We are located right in the heart of Seattle's beautiful and hip Fremont neighborhood. Great cafe's and lunch spots are steps away, and we're just two blocks from the Burke-Gilman bicycle trail.
Started in 2004 by Steve Murch, former VP of Expedia and Microsoft excecutive, BigOven is now the leading independent cooking app with over 7 million downloads, 1.7 million registered users and 350,000 recipes posted in a shared archive. BigOven helps home cooks get organized, in the kitchen and on-the-go.
BigOven's new office is located right in the heart of Fremont, just off the Burke-Gilman trail, making it an easy bike ride from the University district, Wallingford or Ballard. Our loft has great views, a full kitchen, and even a roof deck for spring/summer cookouts.
We value innovation, and focused work with a relatively small, very creative group of passionate professionals to build something new and fantastic. No prima-donnas. BigOven is the mobile innovation leader in the recipe category -- first to iPhone, first to iPad, first to Android and Windows Phone. And we're revolutionizing the way the world's cooks discover, plan, shop for and create their daily meals.
After years of working on our own in a virtual-company format, BigOven is setting up a Seattle office in Fremont, and are hiring our few employees. The bar is high -- we are adding to an existing team of rock-star developers and marketers.
BigOven has won numerous awards, including "Readers Choice - Best Recipe App" in both 2011 and 2012 by the readers of About.com, and has been twice-nominated for "Best Bootstrapped Startup of the Year" by Geekwire.com. It's been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek. But that's just a start -- we've got a great deal more in store for the future.
To apply, send your resume and overview of your experience to Steve at ceo[at]bigoven.com.