In Heavy kettle, heat 4 cups of milk to scalding temperature.
1. Stir in 2 cups of the White Cornmeal and bring to boil for one minute sitrring constantly
2. Remove from heat and place in stand mixer, add 4 tablespoons cold butter and the teaspoon of seasalt.
3 Add 3 tablespoons of baking powder and mix on low speed until cool
4. Add 4 Large Eggs, blend well and scrape down sides and mix again.
5. Pour mixture onto greased pan. Sprinkle roasted corn equally over the surface of the mixture.
6 Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until browned.
7 Serve spoonbread into ramekins and serve with a pat of butter on side fo underliner plate.
8. Really good with all forms of southern cooking styles. BBQ ribs, Roast chicken, Greens w/ Oxtail. Pulled Pork butt etc
The Food Dude
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (187g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 171 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 546.4mg||168 %|
|Sodium 639.9mg||22 %|
|Potassium 273.6mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 17.5g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 265
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.