The Add-ins (optional)***
Chocolate Chips (fold into base for peanut butter chocolate chip)
Raspberry Chia Jam (almond raspberry thumbprint)
Crushed nuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, crushed sprouted seeds, shredded coconut, cacao powder (to roll power balls in)
Scoop of protein powder, vanilla, chocolate or unflavored (blend with cashew flour)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (omit for power balls)
2. Add cashews to a blender or food processor and blend into a flour like consistency (blend in protein powder here if using). It's ok if there are some pieces that are a little bigger. Try not to over blend because you'll start making cashew butter.
3. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
4. Add cashew flour, salt and baking soda (skip for no-bake power balls) and mix until combined.
From here you can:
1. Scoop dough into 2oz balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
2. Press down lightly to slightly flatten
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden.
Or (for chocolate chip cookies)
1. Fold in desired add-ins, such as chocolate chips, then follow directions above.
Or (for raspberry thumbprint cookies)
1. After scooping/flattening, press an indent into the center of the cookie with the back of a teaspoon or use your thumb (hence the name)
2. Fill with raspberry chia jam.
3. Continue with baking as instructed above.
Or (for no-bake power balls)
1. After scooping into 2oz balls, roll balls in desired topping and refrigerate. No baking required for these!
Baked cookies will last on the counter for a day or two, in the fridge for a week and frozen for up to six months. No-bake balls should stay refrigerated and will last up to a week or frozen up to six months.
The Side Notes
*Other butter options: walnut butter, hemp butter, tahini, sunflower butter, cashew butter, brazil nut butter, coconut butter
**Date Paste: 12-14 pitted dates, 2/3 cup water, blend into paste. Makes approx 1 cup
***Don't limit yourself to the add-ins I suggested, the sky's the limit!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 19 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 132 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.7g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 25.7mg||8 %|
|Sodium 315.4mg||11 %|
|Potassium 64.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.2g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 148
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!