Nothing says the holidays like wreaths to deck your doors, but BigOven is bringing the decor to dessert with this delicious 3-Ingredient Nutella Wreath.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, stack the two semi-thawed puff pastry sheets on top of one another and roll into roughly a 18x12-inch rectangle.
3. Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread evenly on top, leaving a ½-inch margin all around the puff pastry.
4. Tightly and evenly roll the puff pastry in on itself (as you would if you were rolling out cinnamon rolls) to form an 18-inch long log. Make 1-inch slices along the log, only slicing ¾ of the way through -- leaving the pastry connected along one long side.
5. To begin shaping the wreath, turn one of the slices slightly on its side. Then, turn the next one so that it slightly overlaps the first. Continue along the length of the roll so that a circle forms with each overlapping slice. ?
6. Using an oven-safe bowl as a guide, carefully wrap the pastry around the bowl to help hold its form while baking.
7. Briefly chill the wreath in the fridge before baking, about 15 minutes.
8. When ready to bake, brush with egg and place in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool briefly. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. Garnish with fresh fruit to serve (optional).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (109g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 304 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.8g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.9g|
|Cholesterol 839.1mg||258 %|
|Sodium 135.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 99.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 20.5g|
|Protein 13.8g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.