1. Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place tomatoes skin side up on the baking sheet. When the broiler is hot, broil tomatoes until skins are slightly charred. Remove tomatoes from the oven; set aside. Turn oven to 350°F.
2. Place tomatoes in a large stainless steel pan over high heat. Add chiles de arbol, pasilla peppers, salt, sugar, water, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until slightly reduce and thickened, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet until just browned, about 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet form oven; set aside.
4. Add vinegar to tomato mixture and cook 1 minute. Place mixture in a blender, add toasted pumpkin seeds, and blend until smooth.
5. Pour salsa into a container and stir in scallions and cilantro. Refrigerate until chilled before serving, about 3 hours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (67g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 352.8mg||12 %|
|Potassium 160.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 19
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!