1) Wash all the vegetables in washing soap and soak the coriander leaves in soap water for 5 minutes
2) Finely chop all the vegetables mentioned above using the purple electronic chopper and set aside
3) Meanwhile, boil the lentils with half a tsp of salt and 1.5 cup of hot boiling water for 20 minutes on high heat. Note: Remove the foam on the surface of the boiling lentils whilst cooking
4) In a large bowl, mix the lentils and the vegetables together
5) In a smaller bowl, mix the spices, salt, oil, ginger & garlic paste. Then mix the smaller bowl contents into the larger bowl
6) Add only 2 spoons of flour to the larger bowl and add the baking powder and mix well. Place in the fridge for half an hour
7) After it has cooled for 30 minutes take the large bowl out and *assess the texture* If the mixture does not hold well add the remaining tbsp of flour and a little bit more olive oil (1 tsp) . To make sure that the mixture sticks together you can use your hands to pat them into shape
8) In a large pan fill it with 2 centimetre of layer of vegetable oil on high heat. When the oil is very hot reduce the heat to a medium heat and then place the metallic round molds into the pan and place 1 full big tablespoon of the vegan burger mixture into the mold. Leave each side to fry until both sides are brown (make sure not to burn or under cook the burger). After the burgers are cooked place them in a large plate with double layer of kitchen tissue to absorb the dripping oil. Before continuing frying the second burger taste the first burger to add other needed ingredients (example: spices, oil, salt and etc)
9) Heat the buns on top (on both sides - top and inside) of the toaster until the inside bread is golden brown in color but not burnt.
10) Serve with grilled yellow onions, grilled circular tomatoes, green olives, pickled cabbage, soft drinks (ice in the cups), condiments mentioned above.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (61g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 72.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 187.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 11.7g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 78
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!