1) Sift flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
2) Add buttermilk and egg yolks, mix.
3) Beat egg whites until light and fluffy, forming soft peaks.
4) Fold egg whites into batter.
5) Heat pan to meduium and grease each cup.
6) Fill each cup 1/3 full with batter. Place fruit in each cup and top with a little more batter.
7) Cook 2-3 minutes and flip with skewers. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
8) Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (466g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 599 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 66.5g||89 %|
|Saturated Fat 35.8g||179 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 920mg||283 %|
|Sodium 1501.2mg||52 %|
|Potassium 552.3mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 78.5g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 76.2g|
|Protein 36g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1053
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.