For the mango salsa:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.
For the arepas:
1. In a bowl, gradually combine the water, salt and P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Cornmeal. Blend for 2 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal-sized portions. Next, shape the dough into balls and flatten into 4- to 5-inch thick disks with the palm of your hand.
3. Set a griddle to medium heat and pan-fry the arepas for 5 minutes per side. While still hot, use a knife to slice one side of the arepas open and fill to your liking.
For the filling:
1. Season the ahi tuna fillet with salt and pepper and coat with sesame seeds. In a hot pan with just a bit of oil, sear the tuna on all sides, approximately 20 seconds per side. Remove from the heat and slice into 12-16 portions. Set aside.
2. While still hot, use a knife to slice one side of the arepas open. Fill with the sliced ahi tuna, mango salsa, wasabi mayonnaise and purple cabbage. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (137g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.9g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 33.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 143.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 4.4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.