1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) To make empanada filling, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion, and cook, stirring, until beef is browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add potato and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until potato is almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until potatoes is fork-tender, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to medium bowl and stir in cilantro. Let cool.
3) For each empanada, mound 2 tbl. filling along middle of each dough rolls. Fold in half to form half-moon shapes and press edges together to seal. Roll edge to form 1/2" rim; crimp with fork. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
4) Line bottom of 6- or 8-quarter air fryer basket with parchment paper, slightly smaller than basket. Depending on air fryer settings, preheat to 360 degrees for 3 minutes.
5) Place four empanadas in prepared basket. Brush tops with beaten egg. Air fry 8 minutes. Brush tops with beaten egg. Air fry 8 minutes. Turn empanadas over and brush with egg. Air fry until golden brown and firm, about 6 minutes longer. Place on wire rack and keep warm in oven. Air fry remaining empanadas.
6) Serve warm with salsa.
There is also a "Picadillo" recipe in my file that would also make a wonderful filling for these empanadas.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (221g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 72.7mg||22 %|
|Sodium 666.5mg||23 %|
|Potassium 685.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 11.3g|
|Protein 14.2g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 212
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!