1. In a large mixing bowl add all the meatball ingredients. Mix well using your hands and set aside.
2. In a large soup pot, saute the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until shallots become translucent.
3. Add the carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, chicken broth, water, cumin, oregano, and sea salt; mix well and bring to a boil.
4. Using your hands, form the meat into golf ball-sized meatballs and gently drop into the boiling soup. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally (stir gently not to break apart the meatballs).
5. Add the El Pato, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh avocado and cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 824 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 91.6g||122 %|
|Saturated Fat 30.8g||154 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 226.8mg||70 %|
|Sodium 2068mg||71 %|
|Potassium 1570.3mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 12.5g|
|Protein 52.9g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1112
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!