1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 yellow onions (roughly chopped)
1 large carrot (1/2 inch slices)
1 cup celery (chopped)
1 cup potatoes (1/2 inch slices)
2 cups beef stock (or two 8 oz cans)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
Add some cilantro
- heat large saucepan with oil in med-high heat. Add garlic and first half of onions. Saute onions until translucent.
- saute carrots, potatoes and celery over high heat until lightly brown
- add tomato sauce and stock. Stir and simmer, covered, for 15 min
- while soup is simmering, make meatballs
1 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 yellow onion (roughly chopped)
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 tbsp oregano (dried)
Mix in some cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Pepper, to taste
- in large bowl combine ground beef, second half of onions, rice, oregano, salt, pepper and egg.
- mix together and roll into 1 inch balls
- add meatballs to soup. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (691g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 453 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.3g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.3g||96 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 294.8mg||91 %|
|Sodium 314.6mg||11 %|
|Potassium 1789.1mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 182g||54 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 178.4g|
|Protein 107.4g||153 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1659
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!