1. place the flour and seasoned salt in a large resealable bag. shake well to combine
2. add one or two of the chicken pieces to the flour mixture. shake the bag to coat the chicken with the mixture
3. remove the chicken from the bag, shaking off any excess flour, and place the chicken on a large plate.
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining chicken pieces.
5. heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes
6. add the oil to the pan and allow to heat up for about 20 seconds
7. add two chicken pieces to the pan, with the skin side down
8. cook the chicken, turning once using tongs, until both sides are a deep golden brown, about 6 minutes
9. remove the chicken and place on a large plate
10. repeat steps 7 to 9 with the two remaining chicken pieces. add more oil to the pan if necessary
11. reduce the heat to medium. in the samepan, add the onions and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. stir often until softened, about 5 minutes
12. increase the heat to medium high. add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 5 minutes
13. add the tomato soup, water, paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoons of salt, pepper and bay leaves. stir well to combine
14. return the chicken to the pan. coat the chicken with the sauce and bring to a boil.
15. reduce the heat and simmer, allowing the mixture to gently bubble. cover the sauté pan with a lid.
16. let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a paring knife. about 40 minutes
17. turn off the heat, remove the lid and let the pan sit for 10 minutes. remove the bay leaves
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (393g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 136.9mg||42 %|
|Sodium 1156.5mg||40 %|
|Potassium 1024.7mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 21.7g|
|Protein 59.3g||85 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 437
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.