1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add egs, one at a time, and continue mixing until well combined, about 1 minute. Working in batches, add flour mixture; mix until well combined. Add milk, orange juice, and vanilla; continue mixing until a dough forms, 1-2 minutes.
4. Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking, until golden, 10-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack until completely cool.
5. When cookies have cooled completely, spread the bottoms of half of the cookies with dulche de leche, cajeta, or jam; sandwich together with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Just before serving, lightly sprinkle confectioners sugar, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (53g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 83.1mg||26 %|
|Sodium 202.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 54.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.1g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 17.8g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 145
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!