1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and add the sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until golden. Add the cream cheese and again beat until well incorporated. Add the flavorings and lemon zest.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl then add, bit by bit, to the butter/sugar mixture until fully incorporated. (You will have chosen a large bowl for this particular recipe, I hope - mine was overflowing by this point and I ended up doing the final mix in a large plastic bag.)
3. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour — preferably overnight.
4. Heat the oven to 350° F. Divide the dough into smaller balls and roll out 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out cookies.
5. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness. The small, thinner ones started browning after about 8 minutes, and I didn't want these brown at all. The larger ones had a slight golden bottom after 11 minutes, which was perfect for my purposes.
6. Let cool before icing or decorating, and store in a tightly covered container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1042g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2149 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 238.8g||318 %|
|Saturated Fat 148.2g||741 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 61.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.2g|
|Cholesterol 645.4mg||199 %|
|Sodium 474mg||16 %|
|Potassium 587.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 464.4g||137 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 464.4g|
|Protein 13g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3957
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!