Great for breakfast on the go! Golden roasted nuts, seeds and oats are enveloped by flavorful almond butter in these delectably chewy, no-fuss energy bars. Unrefined turbinado sugar adds a deep caramelly undertone. Feel free to use light brown sugar instead. Bars stored at room temperature will be softer than those that are refrigerated.
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted and the nuts are fragrant, shaking the pan halfway through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, currants, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
3. Combine almond butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles lightly, 2 to 5 minutes.
4. Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain. Transfer to the prepared pan. Lightly coat your hands with cooking spray and press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer (wait until the mixture cools slightly if necessary). Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes; cut into 8 bars.
* Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw at room temperature.
* Ingredient notes: For this recipe, we like unsweetened puffed multi-grain cereal, such as Kashi�s 7 Whole Grain Puffs.
* Almond butter can be found at natural-foods stores and large supermarkets, near the peanut butter.
* Turbinado sugar is steam-cleaned raw cane sugar. It�s coarse-grained and light brown in color, with a slight molasses flavor. Find it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets or at natural-foods stores.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 bar (53g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 bars|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 204.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 21.7g|
|Protein 6.5g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 179
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!