- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg whites, powdered sugar and almond extract, making sure not to over mix (no foam should appear).
- Add almond slices and mix until almonds are well covered.
- Scoop the batter out in heaping teaspoons and smooth it out on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave about 1 1/2 inch spacing between the cookies.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, until pale gold in color.
- Cool the cookies directly on the baking sheet before moving them to a plate, otherwise they may fall apart.
- Decorate the cookies by sifting powdered sugar over the top of them before serving.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (25g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 75mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 102
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!