1. Cook then drain pasta, set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually whisk in milk and simmer, whisking constantly, about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and bacon.
5. Grind pepper over mixture to taste. Add pasta (run hot water over pasta to separate prior to adding) to sauce mixture.
6. Place contents into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs over to cover.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
8. Sprinkle with cheese to cover; broil until bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
Other pastas will work with this dish, but hollow ones work best, as the sauce can work its way inside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (267g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 273 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.3g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.7g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 79.2mg||24 %|
|Sodium 630.9mg||22 %|
|Potassium 441.4mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.8g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 59.2g|
|Protein 27.8g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 635
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.