Pre-heat oven to 325°
Requires an un-greased 10-inch tube pan.
1. Sift the cake flour and ½ cup of the sugar four times. Set aside.
2. Beat the egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl or the whites will not whip properly. While it’s easier to use your electric mixer, you may also whip them by hand with a whisk—until frothy.
3. Add the salt and cream of tartar to the whites and continue beating until soft peaks form.
4. Slowly add the remaining cup of sugar.
5. Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
6. Gently add the flour to the mixture in two additions.
7. Pour the mixture into the tube pan. Sweep a knife through the batter to release air bubbles.
8. Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for one hour, or until the top is lightly browned.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and invert the tube pan on a cake rack to prevent the cake from deflating.
10. Cool for one hour.
11. Loosen the cake by running a knife around the outer edge and center tube, then un-mold.
12. Place on a platter and decorate according to your taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1225g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 674.9mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1303mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 715.1g||210 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||33 %|
|Sugars, other 706.9g|
|Protein 82.5g||118 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3264
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!