- In a large bowl, whisk four with salt
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until in fine crumbs with a few larger pieces
- Whisk water with sour cream and drizzle over flour mixture, tossing briskly with fork and adding a little more water if needed to form ragged dough; press into disc
- Wrap and refrigerate until chilled (about 30 minutes)
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to generous 1/8" thickness; using 4" round cutter, cut out circles, re-rolling scraps
- Fit into muffin cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, peel, core and quarter apples
- Cut each quarter lengthwise into thirds and thinly slice each third crosswise
- Toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt; divide mixture among pastry cups
- In a small bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg; stir in butter until combined and sprinkle over apple filling
- Bake on bottom rack at 375°F, covering with foil if top darkens too much, until pastry and topping are golden and filling is tender (about 40 to 45 minutes)
- Run knife around edges of tarts to release and let stand for 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (98g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 83 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.2g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 24.4mg||8 %|
|Sodium 1218.8mg||42 %|
|Potassium 63.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 42.9g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!