For the Crumble:
1. Rub together the Sugar, Flour and Butter until the mixture resembles bread crumbs, leave to the side for now.
For the Cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 25x36 cm Traybake Tin.
2. Peel and core the Apples, cube the apples into about 2cm pieces.
3. Put the apples into a bowl, and cover with 50g of Light Brown Sugar. Mix it up so all the apple pieces are covered and leave to the side.
4. Beat together the Butter/Stork and Sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the flour, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and beat till smooth. Fold through the apple mixture and pour the mixture into the tin!
6. Sprinkle the crumble mixture onto the cake!
7. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until baked through (Can take a little less, or a little more than an hour - depends on your oven, see tips below)
8. Leave the cake to cool in the tins for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
For the Decoration:
1.Once the cake has cooled - stir together the Icing Sugar and Cinnamon, and then as much water as you like - I like it thick and drizzly!
*Some oven temperatures can vary even if you set it to the ‘correct temperature’. You can tell if a cake is well and truly done by testing them with a skewer, and seeing if it comes out clean. HOWEVER, you need to also listen to the cake, if its still making a crackling/bubbling sound then its not quite done. Keep baking till that sound goes away!
I reeeeally would recommend using COOKING apples for this rather than regular eating apples because of the length of time the cake is baking for. If you used regular apples, there is a chance they’d turn to mush, and then the cake wouldn’t bake well either. The lovely bright green cooking apples are the ones you’re after!
*You could also use a ready made crumble mix if you like as well as it does save time, but you’ll still need to bake it on top of the cake in the same way, and bake the spare in the same way as well!
*This cake will last in an airtight container for up to 3 days!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (76g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 130 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.4g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 129.5mg||40 %|
|Sodium 189.8mg||7 %|
|Potassium 91.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 17.4g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 223
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!