1. Peel the apples. Cut out the cores and cut into quarters. Cut the quarters into chunks.
2. Put the apples chunks into a pie dish. Add the water. Sprinkle them with the cinnamon and caster sugar.
3. Stir both kinds of flour together into a large bowl. Then cut the butter into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
4. Stir the butter into the flour with a blunt knife. Keep cutting it and stirring it, until each piece is coated with flour. Rub the butter into the flour creating breadcrumbs. Add the brown sugar and mix.
5. Spoon the topping over the apples and use a fork to spread it out evenly. Then put the dish onto a baking tray.
6. Bake the crumble in the oven for 45 minutes until the top is golden. Then carefully lift it out.
7. Push a knife into a piece of apple to see if it is soft. If it isn't soft, cook for a further 5 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 123 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.7g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 35.8mg||11 %|
|Sodium 100.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 57mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.7g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 49.1g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 338
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.