- Spread prepared apples in single layer on paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg in large bowl.
- Whisk cider, eggs & melted butter in medium bowl until combined.
- Stir apples into flour mixture, then stir in cider mixture until incorporated.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350?. Use 1/3-cup measure to transfer five heaping portions of batter to oil.
- Press batter lightly with back of spoon to flatten.
- Fry, adjusting burner as necessary to maintain oil temperature between 325?-350?, until deep golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fritters to wire rack. Let cool for five minutes before applying glaze.
- Bring oil back to 350? and repeat with remaining batter.
- Whisk ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Top each fritter with one heaping tablespoon glaze.
- Let glaze set for ten minutes before serving.
Use Granny Smith apples and apple cider (NOT apple juice -- it doesn't have enough flavor).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (202g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 484 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 53.8g||72 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.5g|
|Cholesterol 90.7mg||28 %|
|Sodium 1966.8mg||68 %|
|Potassium 130.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 43.1g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 664
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.