1. In medium bowl, mix water and yeast. Add shredded apple, butter, honey, salt, orange zest, and cardamom. Stir. Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Slowly add in remaining flour, enough flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 4 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is soft and smooth to the touch. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
2. Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 4 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Shape dough into small round loaf. Place on greased baking sheet or small pizza pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Bake loaf at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Remove loaf from sheet and let cool on rack.
Bread Baking Tips:
1. A half cup of raisins or dried cranberries can also be added to this loaf.
2. Use baking apples for baking. Granny Smith apples are very popular baking apples and have a delicious, strong flavor.
3. When honey is added to bread dough, it helps protect the baked bread's moisture.
4. Bread flour has a higher amount of gluten than all-purpose flour. This means that bread made with bread flour will rise higher than bread made with all-purpose flour. You can make your own bread flour by adding 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten to each cup of all-purpose flour you use in your bread recipe.
5. To prevent the honey from sticking to your measuring spoon, coat the spoon in a tiny amount of cooking oil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (480g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 20.3mg||6 %|
|Sodium 66.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 594.3mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 321g||94 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.5g||50 %|
|Sugars, other 308.5g|
|Protein 52.9g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1655
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!