1. Pare approximately 7 apples (peel, quarter, then split) quarters into 2-3 slices, then chop in 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Put pie crust in tin. Cut crust 1 1/2 " away from edge.
3. Cover bottom of crust with brown sugar (1/4-1/2 " deep.)
4. Mix apples, sugar, vanilla,cinnamon, flour, water,and butter in a separate bowl.
5. Dump apple mixture in crust; make sure they really heap up.
6. Cover apples with pie crust (lid or basket weaves).
7. Fold extra 1 1/2" bottom edge over top crust and create rim.
8. Sprinkle top with white sugar.
9. Cook at 375-400 for approx 1 hr. Watch the edges of the crust. You may need to put foil around edge to prevent burning. Let set before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (37g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 56 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.3g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 100.3mg||3 %|
|Potassium 22.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 23.1g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 155
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.